MODALITY OF SERVICE
Modality of service
If your service has to be suspended, for example, for non-payment of your phone account, re-installation fees will be charged for each line affected.
The Canadian Radio and Television Commission is responsible for regulating the activities of Canadian telecommunications corporations. A client who fails to come to an accord with CoopTel can turn to the CRTC by calling 1 877 249-2782 (toll free), by writing to the CRTC, Ottawa, (Ontario) K1A 0N2 or by going to the CRTC web site at www.crtc.gc.ca
Fees will be charged if a cheque is returned by the subscriber’s financial institution for insufficient funds.
These fees are charged to offset the cost of processing a returned cheque.
To avoid paying any late fees (1.25%/month) please be sure that your cheque reaches us before the due date.
Late fees of 1.25% per month (16.08% annual) will be applied to any balance outstanding a month after the due date.
Avoid travel, postal fees and late fees by using an authorized payment plan.
Re-establishment of service fees
If your service has been suspended, for example for non-payment of your phone bill, fees will be charged to re-establish your service on each phone line affected.
- Use appropriate language and respectful behaviour in all your electronic communications.
- Do not divulge your confidential Internet password to anyone.
- The Internet is a network of computer networks, and consequently CoopTel has no control over the quality of sites or access to them beyond its own infrastructure.
- CoopTel cannot guarantee, in any way, that Internet service will function error-free or without interruptions.
- The client absolves CoopTel of all responsibility in the case of lost information, long distance billing, or damage caused directly or indirectly following the use, or non-use, the interruption or the unavailability of Internet service.
- The client, according to the plan he has chosen, agrees to pay for his subscription to CoopTel’s Internet services on a monthly basis.
- Unused access time for the basic service is not accumulated and credited to the following month.
- Billing is based on Internet service use by the minute; any fraction of a minute is considered a full minute.
- You can cancel your service by contacting client services at
450 532-2667 (for Valcourt and Sherbrooke region)
or TOLL FREE at 1 888 532-2667.
The invoicing will end the first day of the month
following the reception of this notice.
- CoopTel can, without delay, suspend or rescind a subscriber’s service for any of the following reasons :
- It was impossible for CoopTel to obtain payment on the due date;
- Information relaying to the client’s credit rating was invalid ;
- The client failed to respect one or more of the conditions listed.
- No fees are levied for the cancellation of Internet service; however, in the case of suspension of service for non-payment, re-establishment of service fees of will be charged.
- Automatic pre-authorized payment is the only method of payment accepted.
- Billing periods correspond to calendar months. No service fees are charged for installation.
- All late payment (that is, 20 days after billing) is charged interest at the current rate and applied by CoopTel on the outstanding balance (currently 1.25% per month, or 16.07% per annum).
- Rates in effect at the moment of printing of this agreement.